Don't miss the first Elmer/Ice users meeting to be held during the EGU 2013, Tuesday 9th April 12:15-15:00, Room Y3. More information regarding this meeting can be found here.
Here is a list of the known Elmer/Ice talks and posters that will be presented at the forthcoming EGU in Vienna, 8-12 April 2013. Please, if your talk/poster is not listed, contact me (OG) and I will add your presentation.
Tuesday, April 09, 2013
12:15-15:00 Elmer/Ice users meeting, Room Y3.
15:30–17:00 / Room G3 - CR1.3 - Subglacial Environments of Ice Sheets and Glaciers
- 16:45–17:00: EGU2013-12218 Importance of basal processes in simulations of a surging Svalbard outlet glacier. Rupert Gladstone, Martina Schäfer, Thomas Zwinger, Tazio Strazzi, Yongmei Gong, John Moore, and Thorben Dunse.
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
08:30–12:30 / Room G11 - CR7.1 - Modelling ice sheets and glaciers (including Arne Richter Arne Richter Award for Outstanding Young Scientists Lecture)
- 09:45–10:00: EGU2013-6991 On the effect of undercutting on calving rate using continuum damage mechanics. Jean Krug, Gaël Durand, Jérôme Weiss, and Olivier Gagliardini
- 10:30–10:45: EGU2013-9894 Investigating flow sensitivity of Greenland outlet glaciers using a time-evolving calving model in Elmer FEM. Joe Todd and Poul Christoffersen
17:30–19:00 / Blue Posters - CR7.1 - Modelling ice sheets and glaciers (including Arne Richter Arne Richter Award for Outstanding Young Scientists Lecture)
- EGU2013-7292 The influence of shear bands on the grounding line retreat in Pine Island Glacier. Lionel Favier, Gaël Durand, Stephen Cornford, Olivier Gagliardini, and Thomas Zwinger.
- EGU2013-4696 A full-Stokes anisotropic ice flow model for Dome A, Antarctica. Thomas Zwinger, Liyun Zhao, John C. Moore, Dong Zhang, Xueyuan Tang, Bo Sun, and Carlos Martín.
Thursday, April 11, 2013
08:30–12:00 / Room Y8 - CL4.5/OS1.7 - Global and regional sea level rise and variability: from past to future (co-organized)
- 10:45–11:00: EGU2013-4110 Semi-empirical and process-based global sea level projections. John Moore, Aslak Grinsted, Thomas Zwinger, and Svetlana Jevrejeva.
13:30–15:00 / Room G11 - CR3.1 - Projections of the cryospheric contribution to sea-level rise over the next century: progress in modelling and related observations
- 14:00–14:15: EGU2013-2163 Grounding-line migration in plan-view marine ice-sheet models: results of the ice2sea MISMIP3d intercomparison. Frank Pattyn, Laura Perichon, Gaël Durand, Olivier Gagliardini, Lionel Favier, Richard Hindmarsh, Thomas Zwinger, and MISMIP3d participants.
17:00–19:00 / Blue Posters - CR3.1 - Projections of the cryospheric contribution to sea-level rise over the next century: progress in modelling and related observations
- EGU2013-4082 Enhanced basal lubrication and the contribution of the Greenland ice sheet to future sea level rise. Antony Payne, Sarah Shannon, Ian Bartholomew, Michiel van den Broeke, Tamsin Edwards, Xavier Fettweis, Olivier Gagliardini, Fabien Gillet-Chaulet, Heiko Goelzer, Matthew Hoffman, Philippe Huybrechts, Dougie Mair, Peter Nienow, Mauro Perego, Steve Price, Paul Smeets, Andrew Sole, Roderik van de Wal, and Thomas Zwinger.
- EGU2013-10036 Effect of uncertainty in surface mass balance elevation feedback on projections of the future sea level contribution of the Greenland ice sheet. Tamsin Edwards, Xavier Fettweis, Olivier Gagliardini, Fabien Gillet-Chaulet, Heiko Goelzer, Jonathan Gregory, Matthew Hoffman, Philippe Huybrechts, Antony Payne, Mauro Perego, Stephen Price, Aurélien Quiquet, and Catherine Ritz
Friday, April 12, 2013
13:30–15:00 / Blue Posters - CR5.1 - Creep and fracture of Earth and planetary materials: from ice to olivine
- EGU2013-5840 A 3-years full-scale mechanical ice deformation test from the artificial drainages of the Tête Rousse cavity. Olivier Gagliardini, Jean Krug, Fabien Gillet-Chaulet, Gaël Durand, Adrien Gilbert, Emmanuel Thibert, Christian Vincent, and Jérôme Weiss.